Sunday, August 17, 2014

Gotcha Day

Today has been unbelievable.  This morning we were ALL a bundle of nerves as we approached the hour of meeting our kiddos.  I felt like i was going to pass out any second.  The anticipation was incredible.  I was glad to find out that Rob and I weren't the only ones that bickered the night before, lol.  Seemed to be across the board what we all went through last night.  Nerves, stress, the like.

We arrived at the Child welfare office around 10:00am.  When we arrived two little ones were already there and we started snapping pictures and taking video for those families.


Olivia arrived first.  The orphanage worker placed her in my arms and she cried.  She was hot and sweaty and pretty unhappy.  



Soon she started to study me and I swear when she looked into my eyes, she knew me.  I have no doubt God answered that prayer.  No doubt.




Emily arrived some time later and came in crying.  My hands were full and Rob took advantage :-) Olivia would NOT go to him and there was so sense upsetting her worse... plus Daddy needed to hold one of them first.


She Quickly calmed down after some sweet Daddy hugs and his speaking to her in Mandarin.




I don't have to tell you how Rob was feeling, do I? :-)



Here we are.  Taylor, Party of 4.


New Mommy, New Daddy, New Sister!


There truly are no words to describe today.  I'm still processing it and trying to get my mind around the change that just occurred in my life.  Our life has been flipped upside down and I LOVE it!!






Getting some instructions from our CCAI guide.



Signing "guardianship" papers.  We are their "guardians" for 24 hours.  Tomorrow we go back and sign the adoption papers and they will be ours FOREVER.



Aren't we a great looking family?


:-) my cup runneth over.

When they sleep again I'll work on loading a video.  They are sleeping now and we have some paperwork to take care of.  

Thank you for your prayers, thoughts, encouragement! We love you all.  Thank you for loving us too!

xoxoxoxo
Jenn & Rob

4 comments:

  1. Sweet mom and dad... we are SO happy for you, congratulations with your girls!!! We wish you all the best together, keep on shining :)
    Big hug from Jeroen, Yvonne, En-Ping and Yun (the Netherlands :) )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! (From Sandra in the Zhengzhou group)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww.. So sweet!! This is such a joyful occasion.. You are a beautiful family team Taylor!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 2 at once! Wow! COngratulations! That is so so exciting! Hope the rest of the journey goes well. Rita is such a fantastic guide!

    ReplyDelete