Friday, August 15, 2014

Arrival and Our First Day

What an adventure so far!

It was a long long travel day/s but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, don't get me wrong, i'm REALLY glad to be off of the plane but it was tolerable, I only wished I had packed better! Lesson learned.

We arrived in Beijing around 9pm yesterday.  Our guide George greeted us at the airport.

Went straight to the hotel and got settled in for the night.  It was dark when we arrived so we couldn't see much of what was around us.  

After a decent night's sleep we went to breakfast early and ran in to the other families here with us.  It was a GREAT time just visiting over breakfast, getting to know each other in real life (as opposed to facebook)! At 9am we loaded the bus to visit Tiananmen Square and the Forbidden City.  







our group! (Minus one family)

 George our guide!






 This cute little girl that was posing for me!

 This guy... his tshirt made me laugh! LOL

Had my first experience with a "Squatty Potty"




So beautiful!

After the tour we went to a local family's house for lunch.  We rode a rickshaw there and had a wonderful meal! I never knew how delicious Chinese food could be! Hopefully I'll learn to cook some of it!






















Hope you enjoyed the pictures! It was a relaxing fun day.  We got to walk out some stress after being cooped up in a plane for so long.  You wouldn't believe the number of people around... and NOBODY watches where they're going.  I almost got an umbrella to the head a dozen or more times.  

Tonight we're going to explore a little and have dinner as a group.  Our group is really awesome! I'm so glad to be getting to spend face to face time we are all really excited about Monday.  I told one of the Mom's today as we were hearing all about these historic places, my brain couldn't absorb any of the information.  All that was going on in my head was "we are going to meet our daughters soon" 

This truly is an amazing country, so much history, so much beauty!

Until later!

xoxoxo
Jenn & Rob


No comments:

Post a Comment