Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Dear Emily and Olivia


Sweet girls, i'm laying here in the hotel room in Zhengzhou watching you nap.  Daddy has gone to WalMart to get some stuff we need. I thought I'd put my thoughts down while I had a moment.

It's been the most amazing 3 days of my life.  I'm so thankful that I get to be your Mommy, I know Daddy is thrilled to be your Daddy too.

It's been a whirlwind, I know that it stresses you out every time we get in a vehicle and go into a government building.  I hope you will soon come to know that this business of being a Taylor... is forever.  Daddy and I will ALWAYS be here for you.  We will spend the rest of our lives making sure you know that you are loved and treasured and that we will never ever leave you.  You will always always always have a family.

It's amazing getting to know each of you.

Emily, you're something else.  You are SO very smart.  You can figure out just about anything, stacking cups, opening packages.. anything.  You LOVE snacks! If anyone near by has a snack you will find it and point it out!  You also love your Daddy! It melts my heart to see you reach up for him and wrap your little arms around his neck.  When you smile or reach for me my heart feels like it could burst.  You are a little more introspective, I can tell you're still taking it all in.  Some moments you let loose and have fun, I'm so thankful for those moments. I'm so proud of who you are.  You are kind, helpful, funny, loving and lets not forget beautiful! I can't wait to see you relax more and open up.  You take your time though, this is your process.... we will be with you every step of the way! We love you SO much!

Olivia, you are a Mommy's girl.  It's such a indescribable feeling to have someone so little want YOU.  I'm so thankful you trust me.  When they put you in my arms on Gotcha day, you looked into my eyes.  We looked at each other for several minutes and I swear... you knew who I was.  Daddy and I have been praying that somehow, God would help you know us... We believe He came through!  You have a strong spirit and I can tell you're going to be adventurous, you LOVE taking a bath and running around in your birthday suit, You love being outside, walking around and you love going up and down steps. I am so proud of who you are.  You are sweet, love to share, love to laugh, and lets not forget beautiful!! I can't wait to see you learn to trust your sweet Daddy a little more.  He is chomping at the bit to have you reach for him.  You take your time though... work through this your way.  We love you SO much!

I'm looking forward to each moment with you.  I'm trying to savor every day I have with you.  Daddy and I are SO VERY EXCITED to get to spend the rest of our lives loving you!  God brought us together, we have no doubt about that.  We prayed for you before we ever saw your face and will keep praying for you for the rest of our lives.  We have come to understand God's love a little better since we saw your face and man have we experienced His love in a brand new way since we held you both in our arms.  We know God loves us, because He gave us you.

We love you SO much, we may not be the most experienced, smartest, or the best parents out there, but NOBODY can love you like we do.  Nobody.

Now... lets go make some more memories in your homeland!

I love you to the moon and back!
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment