Wednesday, December 25, 2013

The Magic of Christmas... it's real folks! :-)

If you know anything about me, you know that I LOVE all things Christmas.  From the Macy's parade until New years day, the Holiday season is the most magical time of year to me.  I love every. minute.

From a little girl, i've always believed in the magic of Christmas.  It's a time where miracles happen and God seems to show off a little.  I can think of so many times where God showed himself at Christmas and proved that he was as awesome as we are taught he his. Even back in a manger many years ago.

It's really no surprise to me that He has shown himself again.  A few days ago I explained the process of adoption.  It's lengthy, it's tedious, it's stressful.  We should expect to get a call in about 6 months from now.  It will take that long for a "match".  God has proven, once again, that His timing is not our timing.  Last Thursday we got THE call.  :-)

There's a little girl.  In China.  We want you to look at her file.  Consider if she is right for you, if you are right for her.  I really don't remember much about the call.   I was in the middle of a busy work day. The phone was ringing off the hook and noticed the number on my phone was from Colorado. I answered and the woman asked If i could talk.  All I could say was "yes".  I  had several important things at work waiting on me and I just waved them off while i listened.  Though I can't remember much of the conversation, I do remember saying. YES, we would love to look at her file and prayerfully consider if she is OUR daughter.

Long story short (even though it's not all that short)... We have said YES.  This precious little one is going to come home as soon as God makes it possible!  We prayed and prayed for a little one and God showed off again! Christmas Magic at it's best!  I couldn't have asked for better timing.  It's the greatest gift i've ever received.  We are thrilled, we are blessed, we are in awe.

We've got a long road to wait, probably another 6-8 months before we can get our hands on her.  When we can share more about her, we most certainly will! We are waiting for approval from China and staring at her picture 24/7 (don't worry as soon as it's "legal" to share her sweet face, we will!)

We ask for your prayers.  For our little girl that is far away from us this Christmas.  For the process we are in the middle of.  That God will super naturally speed things up and show off once again.  :-)

Merry Christmas! From the Taylor's... all 3 of us :-)... to you!

May your blessings be as big as ours!

With Love, Hope, and excitement,

Jenn & Rob

6 comments:

  1. oh my goodness! oh my goodness! oh my goodness! I am so so excited for you. Tears of joy streaming down my face. May all red tape be gone and she come home sooner than you are anticipating. Praying for all 3 Taylor's! Love you mama Jenn...your will be a great mom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beth! We've been crying for a week now, lol. It's awesome! Need all the prayers we can get that God will move things along swiftly!

      Delete
  2. Wow- that was fast! My heart sings-I am so super excited for you! Congrats on your referral! :)
    Please join us in praying that ours arrives soon too~

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very happy for you both! Yippee! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, congratulations!! So happy for you!! What a xmas gift.

    ReplyDelete