Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Last home study visit!

Yep today was our last homestudy visit! We have a few more items to correct and lose ends to tie up but our SW expects she will be done before Christmas!! Yay!

We also got several "certified" documents in from the sec of state. We. Are. Getting. Closer! This...to me ... Is the exciting part of the dossier prep! I have a chart where i check off things that are DONE (well at least for THAT specific leg of the journey).  It's fun to check things off and find myself more and more organized.

I might be organizationally challenged by nature, (some of you know this on many levels) so it's a difficult task to stay on top of things! God is truly growing me in this area! It's a fast, forceful growth spurt but I'm listening. :-)If only I'd learned in the many attempts He's made before! Either way I'm here and am trying to learn all I can to be ready to be a mom. 

Being a mom, that brings me to another point. I've wanted to be a mom as long as I can remember. I loved and adored the youth I worked with in Florida as if they were my very own kiddos. But it's going to happen. In a matter of months it's going to happen. Rob and I are going to get on a plane, fly across an ocean, and pick up the child that God had planned for us all along. 

There's many more steps and hoops between now and then and I really welcome each step. By the time the last one is taken we will be ready! In the mean time, we will enjoy the process and learn all that we can!





2 comments:

  1. SO happy for you, I can't wait to see you as a mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All those organizational skills will be helpful for a mommy.

    ReplyDelete