Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Out!!

We had a great first day out of the hospital! We rested, relaxed, did laundry, and walked.

Henry is doing so great. He didn’t complain of pain much at all today. Rob left in the wee hours this morning and we went back to sleep and had a pretty good rest. I really enjoyed sleeping in a bed 🛌 after not for the last 5 days. We wandered downstairs and I drank coffee ☕️ and Henry played and had breakfast.









 I’m amazed as I meet people here in the house and hospital. I’ve met families from: Panama, Italy, China, Spain, Russia, Poland, UAE, India, Maryland, Texas, Tennessee, South Carolina and still counting. The lengths at which families go to provide their child with the best possible care is incredible. I told Rob, in my searches for our surgeon it never occurred to  me to look outside the USA for a doctor. This hospital is thought of as the best in the world (I would agree wholeheartedlyo). It’s fun to hear all the different languages and meet so many different people. These two maps show you where people who have stayed in this house alone have come from. Some
 of these families have come for a short visit. One mother and son from China in the house have been here 6 months and will have to be here at least another 6. I’m in total awe of her. Some are here on their first visit, others have been coming for years.

After I’d caught up on the laundry 🧺 we went for a walk. It was chilly but beautiful out. The fresh air and sunshine did wonders! One of the hospital therapy dogs came by the house for a visit and I think I enjoyed petting her more than the children. She was sweet and cuddly. Sure made me miss my pups!








We will have our first follow up on Thursday. Then I should know if we really have to wait until tuesday or if I can start looking for flights. We both miss home a whole lot!

Looking forward to another restful day tomorrow!

Again, thank you for your prayers, positive thoughts, messages and texts! Y’all are carrying us through!

With Love,
Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment